Attention: Due to the Covid-19 Crisis, The Family Friendly Cheakamus Splash & Gondola Combo is currently unavailable for the 2021 season. Please call 1-866-565-8735 to inquire about alternative options.
Reconnect with nature and your whole family on our Cheakamus Splash rafting trip and Sea-to-Sky Gondola combo departing from Vancouver. Rediscover your sense of adventure and love of the outdoors on this memorable family experience. It’s an excellent opportunity to show your kids an awesome time, and enjoy the incredible beauty British Columbia has to offer.
“Amazing family experience yesterday on the Cheakamus River with Canadian Outback Rafting! I was nervous taking my 5 and 7 year old out river rafting but my mind was quickly at ease once I saw their smiles and saw the river wasn’t as wild as I’d envisioned. Staff were great and real pros. The experience was fun for all. I can’t wait to bring my kids back and make this a new family tradition. I highly recommend!” ~ Wendy D
Rediscover your sense of adventure!
The Family-Friendly Cheakamus Splash and Sea-to-Sky Gondola combo is a full-day fun trip that features rafting on small splashy rapids, outstanding scenery and lots of laughs, along with amazing views and trails at the peak of the Gondola. It’s an ideal outdoor activity for families, children, seniors, and anyone looking for a gentle and fun scenic adventure.
Leave the city behind as you hop onto our Vancouver shuttle, and take in the views along the famously scenic Sea-to-Sky Highway to get to our Squamish rafting resort to begin your adventure on the Cheakamus River.
As you raft down the glacier-fed Cheakamus River between old growth forests, you’ll experience the excitement of gentle rapids and see a variety of birds, wildlife, waterfalls, and the towering peaks of the Coast Mountains in British Columbia. At the same time you’ll learn about the intriguing Squamish First Nations history, a key part of the history of the area.
Of course anytime kids get around water, you know there will be a water fight! Perfect the art of splashing others (you never know when the Splash Monster will rise out of the river!), and get a chance to cool off with a quick dip in the pure, glacier-fed, jade-tinted water.
When your river journey ends, we’ll take you to our rafting resort where you’ll be able to change back into your own clothes and check out the photos and GoPro videos shot on the trip. Then you’ll head to the Sea-to-Sky Gondola to begin your adventure in the mountains with a 10-minute ride to the top at 885m above sea level.
The ride up provides sweeping views of Howe Sound, the majestic coastal forest and surrounding mountains. Once at the top, many other adventures await. Access a wide array of outdoor experiences including two different interpretive loop walking trails with cantilevered viewing platforms, the spectacular Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge, numerous hiking trails, and much more. After we say goodbye, hop back onto our shuttle to head home back to Vancouver.
“We took our 5 year old son on the family float trip down the Cheakamus Splash which was fantastic. The guides were knowledgeable, engaging and fun. It was a great day on the river and I highly recommend to anyone wanting a great kid friendly adventure in beautiful Squamish!” ~ campingCJ
“Did the Cheakamus Splash this past weekend with 3 small kids and was blown away! Our guide was very professional and kept us laughing the whole time. We all enjoyed a few exciting rapids, a nice swim and breathtaking scenery. It’s an awesome family adventure.”~ expatmom2015
Prices, Dates & Times
April 17 – September 26, 2021 (Currently not available)
Currently Not Available.
April 17 – September 26, 2021 (Currently not available)
Currently not available.
- Vancouver departure times and locations: Monday to Saturday – 7:15 Sandman Suites, 7:25 Hotel Belmont Vancouver, 7:30 Pan Pacific Waterfront, 7:35 Fairmont Pacific Rim. Sunday – 9:15 Sandman Suites, 9:25 HI Vancouver Hostel, 9:30 Pan Pacific Waterfront, 9:35 Fairmont Pacific Rim.
- Prices are shown in Canadian dollars. A $5 RRF fee and GST not included in prices shown. Visiting from abroad? Check out exchange rates here!
We think our rafting adventures are truly unique. However if you are comparing us with other rafting tour operators and find a comparable rafting trip at a better price, we will beat the best price you find. Just give us a call!
Take action! Give yourself a well-deserved gift of adventure.
- Activity Level: Beginners. Perfect for young families.
- Experience Level: No prior rafting experience is required.
- Check-in: at our rafting resort at 12825 Squamish Valley Road upon arrival from Vancouver.
- What’s Included:
- Transportation from Vancouver to our rafting resort in the Squamish Valley and from the Sea-to-Sky Gondola.
- Instruction, training, and leadership from expert rafting guides.
- Rafting gear, wetsuits (optional on hot days), booties, life jackets, and helmets.
- Transportation from our rafting base in the Squamish Valley to and from the river.
- A snack (Clif Bar) and drink on the river.
- One lift ticket per person for the Sea-to-Sky Gondola
- Adventure Duration: Approximately 90 minutes of rafting, plus some time getting ready at our base and busing to and from the river. Approximately 2.5 hours of free time at the Sea-to-Sky Gondola. An approximate 8-hour round-trip from Vancouver.
- Restrictions: Must be 5 years or older and weigh minimum 50 lbs.
For our Family-Friendly Cheakamus Splash rafting tour click here.
Share your memories! Post your pics & vids online.
Take home all the incredible action shots and GoPro video footage from your rafting trip. It’s the perfect way to share (brag) to all your friends on social media.
- USB stick full of action shots of you conquering the river for just $55 plus taxes.
- GoPro video camera rental and hi-def footage of your rafting adventure for just $55 plus taxes.
- Bundle and Save! Get both the USB stick full of your pics and your GoPro hi-def video footage for just $90 plus taxes.
- For the ultimate experience, get a Pro Media Package including the trip photos, as well as a fully edited hi-def video of your rafting adventure for just $150 plus tax.
BONUS: Purchase any of the above and get a $30 rafting coupon for you and each of your friends to use the next time you come out rafting with us!
Capture the moment to share with your friends and family for years to come!