Interested in coming rafting with us this summer, but worried about the spread of Covid-19? We get it, and we’re right there with you (at a distance)!
Given the nature of the activity of rafting in wide-open spaces, commercial rafting trips can be conducted with rigid protocols to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission. Public health organizations acknowledge that participating in outdoor activities offers benefits to a participant’s physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Summer is the time for fun and exciting new adventures. It’s an occasion to relax, and spend time with your friends and family. For that reason, we are doing our best to make your rafting experience one that is easy, stress free, and equally as memorable!
The best option for the time being is to book your own boat and only raft with those in your existing bubble group. We have created special pricing to make this more accessible to our valued guests.
The safety of our guests, staff, and community is our top priority. In order to best to protect everyone that comes rafting with us, we have implemented new standards and procedures. We will of course continue to monitor the day to day progress of this pandemic and adjust our safety practices accordingly.
What we are asking you to do:
- Do not come rafting if you are feeling sick, have been exposed to someone who is sick or have been out of the country in the last 14 days.
- Observe physical distancing wherever possible.
- Wash or sanitize your hands regularly
- If possible, please consider driving yourself to our rafting base
- Please bring with you a non medical mask (double layered cotton preferred). A buff or neck tube is ideal as this can be worn on the raft if so desired. Have a container or bag to store masks when not in use.
- As per transport Canada non medical masks will be required in all of our vehicles.
- Eat a large meal before your trip, and bring your own food or drink for a snack
- Please wear articles of clothing that are easy to get in and out of
- Only book a trip with your immediate family or those who are already in your bubble. *Consider booking a boat! Our new booking option to provide you and your “bubble” a completely private raft.*
- Use the provided hand sanitizer located around the base and wash your hands regularly
- Be prepared to store all personal belongings in your vehicle
What we are doing:
- Providing full refunds for guests who give us 24 hours notice of their cancellation (See new cancelation policy)
- Daily monitoring of all of our employee’s health
- Strictly enforcing physical distancing at our base and on the river and requiring the use of PPE when not possible.
- Keeping our distance at check in (our check in station is now outdoors and allows for 6 feet between our staff and client)
- Limiting the number of guests per trip and the number of guests per boat
- Wiping down and disinfecting the bus before and after each trip and reducing the amount of touchpoints at our base and on the trips
- Training our employees on enhanced cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing procedures
- As always, wetsuits, helmets, and life jackets will be properly sanitized between use and will also be put to the back on the rotation so there will be maximum time between use. Consider bringing your own wetsuit if you have one.
- Providing hand sanitizing stations and signage as a reminder to practice safe distancing
- Providing our employees with PPE when recommended.
Wondering what all of this looks like in practice? Check out the video below to see what the day to day steps are when you come rafting with us.
We hope that our environment returns to normal in the not-too-distant future, but for now these protocols are our new normal. They will help to keep everyone safe while still allowing us to enjoy our beautiful rivers.
For further details regarding protocols and check in process at our rafting base please click here. We ask that you become familiar with these standards before your rafting trip.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this unprecedented time together.