Given the nature of the activity of rafting in wide-open spaces, commercial rafting trips can be conducted with rigid protocols to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission. Public health organizations acknowledge that participating in outdoor activities offers benefits to a participant’s physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Summer is the time for fun and exciting new adventures. It’s an occasion to relax, and spend time with your friends and family. For that reason, we are doing our best to make your rafting experience one that is easy, stress free, and equally as memorable!
The safety of our guests, staff, and community is our top priority. In order to best to protect everyone that comes rafting with us, we have implemented new standards and procedures. We will of course continue to monitor the day to day progress of this pandemic and adjust our safety practices accordingly.
What we are asking you to do:
- Do not come rafting if you are feeling sick, have been exposed to someone who is sick or have been out of the country in the last 14 days.
- Wash or sanitize your hands regularly.
- Drive yourself to our rafting base if possible.
- As per transport Canada masks will be required in all of our vehicles.
- Eat a large meal before your trip, and bring your own food and drink for a snack.
- Please wear articles of clothing that are easy to get in and out of.
- Book a trip with your immediate family or those who are already in your bubble. * Consider our “Book a Boat” option which provides you and your “bubble” a completely private raft.
- Be prepared to store all personal belongings in your vehicle.
What we are doing:
- Providing full refunds for guests who give us 24 hours notice of their cancellation (See new cancelation policy).
- Daily monitoring of all of our employee’s health.
- Keeping our distance at check in (our check in station is now outdoors and allows for 6 feet between our staff and client).
- Wiping down and disinfecting the bus before and after each trip and reducing the amount of touchpoints at our base and on the trips.
- Training our employees on enhanced cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing procedures.
- As always, wetsuits, helmets, and life jackets will be properly sanitized between use and will also be put to the back on the rotation so there will be maximum time between use. Consider bringing your own wetsuit if you have one.
- Providing our employees with PPE when recommended.
We hope that our environment returns to normal in the not-too-distant future, but for now these protocols are our new normal. They will help to keep everyone safe while still allowing us to enjoy our beautiful rivers.
For further details regarding protocols and check in process at our rafting base please click here. We ask that you become familiar with these standards before your rafting trip.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this unprecedented time together.