Spanning over 6 days, the Babine River Rafting Expedition will take you deep into the wilderness of Northern British Columbia with extraordinary wildlife sightings including grizzly bears, eagles, salmon and more, surrounded by breathtaking views of Coast Mountain Range.
- Activity Level: Adventurous beginners.
- Experience Level: No prior rafting experience is required.
- Check-in: Start and end in Smithers, British Columbia. Rafters are responsible for arranging their own transportation to Smithers, BC, both before and after the trip.
- Adventure Duration: 6 days and 5 nights, with approximately 3-4 hours of rafting per day. A total rafting distance of approximately 129 km (80 miles) throughout the expedition.
- Requirements: Must be 13+ years of age and weigh over 90 lbs.
Prices, Dates & Times
- At CAD $3,999 per person*, this is one of North America’s best multi-day expedition values! All prices are in Canadian funds. 5% GST not included.
- 2022 Departure Dates: August 14, August 23, September 1st
Please contact us for custom departure dates.
- Meeting time for the trip is 5:00 pm the night prior to departure at the designated meeting location in Smithers, British Columbia. For more information about a custom Vancouver package departure, please contact us directly.
- Rafters are responsible for arranging their own transportation to Smithers, BC, both before and after the trip.
*Prices are subject to change
An initial deposit of 25% is taken at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance payment is due 60 days before the scheduled trip departure.
Canadian Outback Rafting provides everything you need for an incredible 6-day experience:
- Instruction, training, and leadership from expert rafting guides.
- Rafting gear; wetsuits, life jackets, helmets, rain jacket, rain pants, and rubber boots.
- Camping gear; tent (for 2 people), sleeping mat and sleeping bag.
- Dry bags to keep all your clothes and personal items secure and dry.
- Multi-course gourmet meals: 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners, snacks & beverages.
- A limited selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are provided on the trip.
- All necessary park permits and entrance fees
- All transfers between Smithers, British Columbia, and the River.
Take action! Give yourself a well-deserved gift of adventure.
A unique rafting expedition on the pristine River of Grizzlies
Visit one of the few remaining pristine and untouched areas of the world. Over 6 days you will experience the thrill of class IV white-water rafting, encounter wildlife in the most natural setting, and rejuvenate yourself in a sacred headwaters river integral to the area’s native heritage.
Under the friendly and experienced care of your guides, you will be surrounded by the abundant wildlife drawn to the area by the salmon and steelhead trout that have established the river as their spawning grounds. Grizzly bears, black bears, bald and golden eagles, and a variety of wildlife are sure to make an appearance throughout the trip.
Everyday, relish in sumptuous multi-course gourmet meals and luxury camping in some of the most spectacular locations in the world. And along the way, discover the historic Gitxsan village of Hazelton with its remarkable totem poles and stunning views of the Babine Mountain Range.
Combining the beautiful narrow canyon rapids of the Babine River, the massive exhilarating waves of the Skeena River, the amazing scenery of the Coast Mountain Range, and more wildlife than you can count, this 6-day rafting trip is the best adventure expedition in all of British Columbia.
On this adventure of a lifetime, make memories that will outlast the best of them with stories that will be the envy of all your friends!
To maximize your experience in BC’s wilderness, group sizes are limited.
“True professionals on the river. They looked after our every wish and need. I would highly recommend choosing them to guide your river adventures!” ~ sj0rdan
On DAY ONE, meet with your group and crew and begin your journey to the river. After a riverside lunch, you will raft to your first camp where you’ll enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres as camp is set, followed by the first of a series of sumptuous dinners.
On DAYS TWO, THREE, FOUR & FIVE, wake to the sound of the river, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and a delicious breakfast. After breaking camp, get back aboard the rafts to continue your trip downstream through deep canyons and exciting rapids, and take in the backdrop of thick forest, mountains and glaciers of the Sicintine Range. As the river’s pace picks up, raft through a sustained stretch of class 3 rapids highlighted by the “Pinball Alley” section before setting camp deep in the Babine Canyon adjacent to a waterfall. Visit the famous class 4 “Grizzly Drop” rapids section to catch a glimpse of fishing grizzly bears, and continue on to hike to the abandoned Native village of Kisgegas, now overgrown with wildflowers. As the river valley opens, admire the vistas of Mount Thomlinson and the show put on by the narrow Babine River pouring into the wide Skeena River. Journey through large splashy rapids of sinuous waters surrounded by rock-lined canyons and coastal cedars before making camp one final time.
On DAY SIX, notice signs of civilization along the shores as you pass the native village of Kispiox, where giant totem poles pay silent tributes to generations past. Return to shore in Hazelton, BC before returning to Smithers to gather together for a final diner with friends, old and new.
We think our rafting adventures are truly unique. However if you are comparing us with other rafting tour operators and find a comparable rafting trip at a better price, we will beat the best price you find. Just give us a call!
6-Day Babine FAQ’s
It is the responsibility of each individual to ensure they have a valid passport and any necessary visas for their expedition. Requirements for travel visas vary widely depending on nationality. It is important that you check and apply for each of the visas you need whilst in your home country and consult the relevant embassy if you need more information.
You must be eligible to clear customs in Canada at the time of your expedition.
Should you fail to clear customs Canadian Rafting Adventures powered by Canadian Outback Rafting is not at liberty to offer a refund for the booked expedition outside of the cancellation policy.
For more information, this website can be helpful with up to date immigration rules.
Want to read more about our Expeditions? Check out our Expedition Booklet!